Are you ready to take flight?
The Disney Parks Blog dropped a new Disney Skyliner preview video from on board the upcoming transportation system. If you haven’t heard anything about it, the Disney Skyliner is a free gondola transportation system that visits four resorts and two parks at Walt Disney World. Once the system officially opens on September 29th, guests of Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, and the new Riviera Resort will be able to take a quick flight to either Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Any visitor can use the system, but it’s definitely going to be incredibly convenient for those resort guests.
Enjoy a majestic 45 seconds flying through the beautiful waterways and resorts at Walt Disney World in this Disney Skyliner preview video:
What else should I know?
Big Castle Travel will have an overview article posted shortly after the Disney Skyliner opens to the public. In the mean time, here’s the highlights of this high flying system:
- The Disney Skyliner opens on September 29th, 2019.
- Skyliner cabins will travel between four resorts and two theme parks across three main lines:
- Pop Century & Art of Animation to/from Caribbean Beach
- Caribbean Beach to/from Hollywood Studios
- Caribbean Beach to/from Riviera to/from Epcot
- The Skyliner station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is the only one that would require any sort of transfer in order to continue riding.
- This is NOT a park ride or attraction. This is a transportation system like buses or boats.
- Cabins use passive air conditioning, and by that we mean there are slats in the side that let air in.
- There are almost 300 individual cabins. Some are decorated with your favorite characters like Mickey & Minnie and the Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The cabins can accommodate up to 10 guests.
- Most strollers and wheelchairs can roll straight into the cabins.
- Special cabins are available for those in need of accommodations or slower loading times.
Will the cool cabins stay cool?
Yes. I’m not even going to play that game with the Disney Skyliner. The engineers and the Imagineers behind this system knows that Florida gets hot. Yes, they did not install an air conditioning system on each cabin on purpose. No, the cabins will not feel like the inside of an oven all year long.
If you disagree, I would love to talk to you about it in the comments. Because you’re wrong.
Ready to plan your vacation?
Click the Get a Quote button below to get started planning your trip. Use the Basic Details section to get started, or the Advanced Details section to truly customize your Disney experience. All quotes are no-obligation and hassle-free!