Let us come to terms with reality: it is highly unlikely that your phone, tablet, or camera can make it through a full Disney park day on a single charge. When you are on your Walt Disney World vacation, you NEED your phone. You will run down the battery quickly by checking the My Disney Experience app, taking tons of photos, posting to Facebook and Instagram, and maybe checking your To-The-Minute Itinerary from Big Castle Travel.
So how do you get the juice and charge your phone when you are not in your Walt Disney World Resort room?
Portable Charging Options
I advocate for bringing your own portable charging option first. No one wants to be tied down at a bench or in a shop while their phone charges at Disney.
FuelRods are awesome portable chargers that can be purchased at kiosks throughout Walt Disney World. For $30 you receive the portable battery pack, a USB to Micro USB cable, and multiple adapters to fit all major types of device connectors.
The incredible thing about the FuelRods is that the battery pack can be swapped out for a fully charged pack FOR FREE. Once your battery pack runs out of juice, simply return to any of the FuelRod kiosks, press a few buttons, and swap it out. It’s that simple!
As of September 2019, there is a rumor going around that FuelRods may no longer have free swaps in the near future. This rumor stems from minor changes to signage on the kiosks. Big Castle Travel will keep you updated if this changes!
There are tons of battery packs and portable charging kits on Amazon. You really can’t go wrong with some of the manufacturers like Anker and Jackery. Here are 5 options for charging your phone that you can grab before your next trip to Walt Disney World. Just remember to make sure it works with your device and to bring your cable!
- Anker PowerCore 10000mAh – $29.99 (we have this one)
- Jackery Bolt 6000 mAh with built in Lightning Cable – $32.99
- Anker PowerCore 5000mAh – $17.99
- INIU 10000mAh Power Bank – $15.99
- Aibocn Power Bank 10000mAh – $10.99
Phone Charging Locations in the Parks
This is not an exhaustive list of electrical outlets in Walt Disney World parks. Rather, this list will give you general directions to some of the more comfortable and easily accessible outlets that can be used to charge a device. Some of these were purpose-built and will be marked with some variation of “Charge Your Phones for Free”, but some are coincidences.
Do note that Guest Services and the Baby Centers in each of the park will also have charging options and outlets.
- The tent in the back of Storybook Circus, next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- The fake tree stumps across from the Tangled bathrooms, near “it’s a small world”
- Next to the big tree in front of Carousel of Progress
- Cosmic Ray’s, in the hallway next to the restroom
- Space Mountain gift shop arcade area
- Outside of the main land restrooms at the low wall
- Columbia Harbor House tables are usually close to outlets
- Mexico Pavilion, the post on the left near the outdoor seating at La Cantina de San Angel
- Norway Pavilion, spread around outside
- Morocco Pavilion, spread around outside
- The American Adventure, holding areas
- The Land, near Electric Umbrella
- The Living Seas, near the women’s restrooms
- Innoventions (no seating but yay air conditioning!)
- ABC Commissary, outdoor table with outlet access
- Star Wars Launch Bay, benches near walls
- PizzeRizzo, throughout the restaurant
Toy Story Land
- I would be afraid of the GIANT sized outlets
- Do you know of any?
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Does Batuu follow NEC standards?
- Disney Outfitters, outside on the right wall
- Pizzafari, in the dining rooms
- Nomad Lounge, under the bar
Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Bench near the theater, outlet in the plants
Do you have any go-to spots to take a break and charge your cell phones and devices? Let me know in the comments and I will add it to the list!