Experience the holiday season come alive at Magic Kingdom at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Guests will experience festive entertainment, delightful holiday treats, and Disney Characters decked out for the most wonderful time of the year!
This special event is definitely appropriate for kids of all ages. Who doesn’t want to meet Mickey Mouse AND Santa Claus in the same night? Here is what you need to know about the 2019 version of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
At a Glance
Name: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Dates: November 8 – December 22, 2019
Time: 7:00PM* – midnight*
Location: Magic Kingdom
Event Type: Extra Ticketed Event
*While the official times are 7PM-12AM, guests can arrive as early as 4PM and generally stay until Cast Members tell you to leave!
Dates & Prices
Monday, November 11
Tuesday, November 12
Thursday, November 14
Sunday, November 17
Tuesday, November 19
Thursday, November 21
Friday, November 15
Friday, November 22
Tuesday, December 3
Thursday, December 5
Sunday, December 8
Tuesday, December 10
Thursday, December 12
Sunday, December 15
Sunday, December 1
Friday, December 6
Friday, December 13
Tuesday, December 17
Thursday, December 19
Friday, December 20
Sunday, December 22
Unlike Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, the Christmas Party does not draw as many costumed guests. You are encouraged to be festive, but full character costumes will likely be refused at the gates. Click here for Disney’s full FAQ on Theme Park Dress & Costume Guidelines.
Adults are not allowed to wear masks or accessories that cover your face. Capes can’t go below the waist, and costumes and dresses can’t drag on the ground. Disney reserves the right to deny entry to anyone for dressing in ways they deem inappropriate.
Big Castle Travel’s last word on costumes is: KEEP IT LIGHT! Seriously, even December in Orlando is not the chilliest of times. Wear something that won’t overheat you in 60 degree weather.
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
This new fireworks show is hosted by none other than Minnie Mouse. Disney touts the ability to enjoy the show throughout Magic Kingdom. The Christmas soundtrack is played in Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland, and is timed to the beautiful fireworks. Enjoy a merry projection display on Cinderella Castle as the entire park gets into the Christmas Spirit!
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks are presented every night of the party at 9:55PM. Disney Parks live-streamed the first show on November 8th. The weather didn’t cooperate, but you still get a pretty good idea of the new show:
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Ever since Queen Elsa learned to tame her icy powers, visitors to Disney World have been watching her cast a frosty spell onto Cinderella Castle. This special stage show takes place every night in the Magic Kingdom, and is not exclusive to the Christmas Party. However, we mention it here because it is an incredible sight to see!
Every night at 6:15PM, and 8:15PM on party nights, Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf perform a quick show on the stage in front of the castle. Watch as Elsa uses her ice powers to cast a spell to create an ice palace! Watching over 200,000 lights come alive on every tower and parapet of Cinderella is something you cannot miss.
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
A Disney World special event isn’t complete without a parade. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party hosts an elaborate parade twice per night at 8:30PM and 11:00PM. The parade follows the standard Magic Kingdom parade route that the Festival of Fantasy Parade and many others follow.
What makes Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade so special is the jolly old man here in the picture. IT’S SANTA!!
Following the talented dance routines of your favorite Disney characters and the band of nutcracker soldiers, Santa Clause himself will finally glide into view. Santa riding atop his sleigh with presents for all the good boys and girls is the perfect ending to this magical parade. Be sure to get a spot on the parade route early!
Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
Rounding out the major special events is the holiday castle stage show. Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration takes place at 7:40, 9:25, 10:30, and 11:55PM each night of the party. Mickey invites an astonishingly large cast of his friends over for a magical Christmas party, and you are invited too! The music, singing, dancing, and festivities are sure to get everyone in the holiday mood.
MVMCP Park Exclusives
Food & Drink
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party has tons of exclusive food offerings.
- Olaf’s Frozen Hot Chocolate Cake – Main Street Bakery
- Snowflake Brownie – Casey’s Corner
- Holiday Mickey Cinnamon Roll – Main Street Bakery
- Carved Turkey Sandwich – Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Jolly Tamale Christmas – Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Tis the Season (Fanta Orange with popping pearls) – Cool Ship
- Gaston’s Cheese Dip – Gaston’s Tavern
- An Orange Bird Christmas (white chocolate mousse on almond cream cake) – Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Lots-O-Burger – Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Kakamora Float (coconut soft serve with cake pop) – Aloha Isle
- Sven’s Carrot Cake – Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
One unique thing about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is the Complimentary Goodies. Almost like the Treat Trails at the Halloween Party, these goodies are specific items located at specific places around the park. Best of all, these are included in the price of attendance! Here’s the list:
- Snickerdoodle Cookie, Hot Chocolate, and Fanta at Pinocchio Village Haus
- Snowman Pretzel at Storybook Snacks Cart
- Peppermint Cookie at Miner’s Cove
- Chocolate Chip Cookie at Friar’s Nook
- Ginger Molasses Cookie and Apple Cider at Lunching Pad
- Peppermint Cookie, Hot Chocolate, and Apple Cider at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Ginger Molasses Cookie at Jungle Cruise
- Snowman Pretzel and Fanta at Tortuga Tavern
- Snickerdoodle Cookie at Golden Oak Outpost
- Chocolate Chip Cookie and Eggnog at Diamond Horshoe
First rule of special event shopping: IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING, BUY IT!
Story time! I will admit that I was that Disney newbie who told his wife, “Honey, don’t by that shirt now, I’m sure we can find it later at Disney Springs.” WRONG! We actually had to luck into a little Disney magic and sweet talk a Cast Member into checking the back stock two days later when we were back at Magic Kingdom for a normal park day. They had just received their merchandise delivery for that night’s special event (which we were not attending), and the Cast Member made Kelly’s trip by selling us one of the event-exclusive shirts. DO NOT RELY ON THAT STRATEGY.
That said, here is some event-specific merchandise that is worth checking out:
- Mickey Light-Up Tree Premium popcorn buckets
- Sven Sipper drink cup
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2019 limited edition MagicBand, tote, vest, women’s Dolman t-shirt, glow in the dark t-shirt, limited release pins, vampire Mickey ornament, toddler onesie, Raglan t-shirt, & light-up tumbler
This Disney Christmas party has a lot to offer. Here are some other entertainment offerings worth checking out:
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- Club Tinsel at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dining experiences at table service restaurants like Be Our Guest, Cinderella’s Royal Table, The Crystal Palace, and more
- Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party
- A Capella Music Concert
Multiple attractions across Magic Kingdom experience holiday overlays during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party:
- Tomorrowland Speedway – “festive freeway” of lights and decorations
- Space Mountain – new lighting and holiday songs
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor – new holiday show
- Mad Tea Party – now a Christmas tea party
- Jungle Cruise – not a party exclusive, but for the holiday season this is the Jingle Cruise
It is worth mentioning here that FastPass+ is not available during the party. We mention it here, and not earlier, because FastPass+ is rarely necessary at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Between the shows, characters, complimentary goodies, and generally lower crowd volume, most rides end up being walk-ons at some point during the night.
Last but not least, there are SO MANY unique characters out and about during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater)
- Santa Claus (Main Street Courtyard)
- Jack Skellington (as Sandy Claws) and Sally (Town Square Theater)
- Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps
- Peter Pan
- Moana (inside the Enchanted Tiki Room)
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Aladdin & Abu alternate with Genie & Jasmine
- The Seven Dwarfs (Storybook Circus)
- Ariel and Prince Eric (Prince Eric’s Market)
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
- Belle (Bonjour! Village Gifts)
- Minnie Mouse, Donald, Daisy, and Scrooge McDuck (Storybook Circus)
- Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Tiana and Naveen
- Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder
- Aurora and Prince Phillip
- Elena of Avalor
- Snow White and her Prince
- Santa Goofy (Barnstormer)
- Mary Poppins and Bert (Mickey’s Philharmagic)
We don’t have many last words here. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is 100% worth the extra cost. It is a unique experience that any Disney pro should try, and first timers and returning guests should attend if they are lucky enough to be in Disney during the holiday months.
Come back and let us know if you made it to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World this year!